How nice. I'm the first to admire Keston's skill
with one kind of rhythm: I thought I'd get beyond
those tired oppositions that Peter R also doesn't
like, assume I admire or am not afraid of the
technical effort Keston puts in, compared to so
many poets: I was *questioning* the violence, and
actually also saying the Diogenes' reference
helped gloss his work for me; whether the work
finds a rationale in Diogenes or begins from
Diogenes (ie as an ethical experiment in a
language experiment, not just a personal
statement in a language experiment, in which
the language use can be examined but not the
ethics); I just didn't find its use of sexual
explicitness as interestingly defamiliarised
from the author's own libido as it is for me
in Acker or Silliman or Coolidge or Harryman,
sexually explicit authors I love.
	So thanks for calling my reading
sub-par, Andrea-who-is-now-signed-off, I'll
try and console myself with the fact that
Fiona Templeton at the same reading said she
could whistle with pleasure at it,

tara

Ira

> I thought some defense of his actually admirable
capabilities
> might be necessary as few people will have had the
resources at hand
> to disprove Ira's bash personally.
>
> And, given Ira's entrance to this list some months ago,
blushing and
> glowing over the outpouring of human warmth and  defense
of his poem
> against some allegation of its crapness, I thought it only
fair.  I don't know
> anything about Ira's work except for his reading during
the RemPress