What I really find upsetting is not my own readership but that of
my friends, like Dorothy Nimmo, who I have mounted in my WEbspace
and who are getting practically no readers. Over the years I have
tried many ruses to attract readership. The latest being starting
up the magazine `Lynx: Poetry from Bath' to front-end my poets.

I get terribly embarassed about what has happened and think up all
daft ideas to explain it. I am a trained statistician and have long
gone past the area of random browsing biasing my figures. It has
been too consistent too long. As I say bewilderment.