Yes, but there are different ways of thinking about the conservates/labour
also, the point is, there is an established and actual process of
communicative social behaviour which, as a co-ordinating frame of action,
determines (and allows oneself to engage in determining) that differences
between objects of thought are evaluated differences, whether we like it
or not; it is not radically evasive to choose to believe that the
recognition of differences between commodities, is somehow diffusely
analogous to a liberal permissiveness: the shit designed to get sold still
gets sold, the work hoping to be effective still is less so than it ought
to be.  Values are things to be attained to, I think.  Not to be
stigmatized.  Do you read SA differently because he is worse?  Is the fuss
over Soares largely because he considers it useful to dislike writers and
aspects of writings?  Is discriminatory criticism merely an exercise for
those who do not derive from the class representing 'high' art?  Why
should it be an 'exercise'?  I am not talking about people.  But about
commodities.  To make the leap is a demand for faith that I find pretty
insidious.  Anyhow.  What was all the Andrew Motion row about then?