At 03/04/98 13:10:23, "Ernest Slyman" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
#  Would like to see the hypertext poem succeed. However, it lends itself
too
#  strictly at the moment to limitations of reference.
#
#  If one could run one's mouse across a word or line in a poem and a
phrase or
#  allusion or multiple meaning display itself on the page without
clicking,
#  then perhaps something more interesting could be derived.

This can be done.
#
#  At the moment, the hypertext poem is too strictly defined. Limited by
#  reference. Or mere lack of ingenuity. If say audio "the poet's voice as
in a
#  reading, and by nuance providing interpretation" then some worth could
be
#  associated.
#
#  And what about visual/video enhancement. Artwork. Some frame of
reference
#  that could pop up on the page itself.

Let's walk before we can run, here. I've seen tooooo many multi-widgetual
pages that relied upon the end-user having a T1 or better conection. Small
is good. Text is king. JavaScript roolz.
#
#  Right now it's a bit of a blunt can-opener. Hardly a household utensil.

Umm, yes. But monsters live in hope.

Roger.