ES says:

>Interpretation should be free enterprise. Not a monopoly of the author.
>The printed poem arrives on the page without baggage.

this even when the technics of hermeneutic revolt are being most
assisuously tended - ha

'should be' indeed

		so much baggage in fact that anyone with an eye not
programmatically jaundiced will be overwhelmed with its riot and
superfluity

		spraying away from the page in a hundred directions

					a ten minute monopoly is no
monopoly, sounds to me as if your resistance to hearing a poem
'monopolised' derives quite directly from a simplified irritation with
other people and with feeling as if you ought to listen to them

maybe ever reading you make from a page is unjust?