At 17:53 +0100 3/11/98, aharon wrote:
>How would a person who does not have a culture and is free of any
>particular frame of reference (e.g.
>a particular context), can be described?
>I am seeking a word or a term which would be descriptive of such a person,
>rather than
>a description such as "a-cultural" or "barbarian".

		Your problem is not linguistic,what you call
	judgmental terms is : insults. why has it turned to be
	insults while 60 years ago it was technical language ?

		Because a serious person would hesitate calling
	seriously a monkey "a-cultural". So such terms are rejected
	in the metaphoric universe of insults, where any word is
	all at once ephemism and provocation, like "you're an ass -
	no ! - you're a sociopath."

		Particularly technical insults about culture
	are the main ground of modern forms of racism. Biological
	grounding having lost most of its credit, cultural exclusion
	is the substitive argumentation. Now the "nigger" is just
	an "alien", not even "a-cultural" just "dis-cultural".

		While even in a paranoid nazi's brain an
	"a-cultural" human being remains a very abstract
	abstraction.

		No politically-correct concept for that !

"Velodrome, une cyberkunsthalle parisienne" http://www.mygale.org/07/bary/
presente une nouvelle generation d'artistes parisiens.
Des interventions de Yuki Onodera, Akihiko Tsurumi, Pierre Estable,
Nadine de Koenigswarter, Pierre Filippi, Leonard Rachita et Leopold Koukissa.
Velodrome propose une version en langue anglaise :
http://www.mygale.org/07/bary/indexva.html