Pamela

I would still like confirmation regarding student support from DfEE
for students on courses the funding of which has been transferred
to Department of Health (Health related areas such as Nursing,
Midwifery, Physiotherapy etc). It appears from the recent circular
on this subject that if a student is unsuccessful in gaining a
bursary funded by the the Department of Health then they can still
apply for funding from DfEE (which would presumably make them
eligible to contribute to the £1000 tuition fee).

Good Luck
On Tue, 19 May 1998 14:58:14 +0100 (BST) Pamela Bell-Ashe
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I recently attended a meeting on behalf of AMOSSHE at the
> DfEE on the question of monitoring the new arrangements for
> student support.  They have been asked by Ministers to
> ensure that HEIs fully understand the new student support
> arrangements (including fees, grants, loans, Access Funds
> and hardship loans) and will be able to implement them in
> the autumn. I made the comment that I thought most people
> were now fine on the main parts but sometimes were unsure
> about some of the details, particularly in relation to
> particular groups or sub-groups of students.  As a result I
> have been asked to provide a list of queries so that they
> can draw up a document answering frequently asked
> questions.  Please let me know if you have any issues you
> would like to have included in this either because you
> still don't know the answers or because it's something
> you've struggled over and think other people may also be!
>
> I look forward to hearing from you.
>
> ----------------------
> Pamela Bell-Ashe
> University of Liverpool
>
> Chair
> Association of Managers of Student Services in Higher Education
>
> Tel:  0151 794 2243
> Fax:  0151 794 2249
> e-mail: [log in to unmask]

Jenny Laffan