Dear All

I am probably being totally naive here, so if you sussed all this ages ago
feel free to email me back with rude messages  -  but did everyone realise
that the list of parental and spouse's contributions to the # 1k fee set out
in the DfEE's ACL 17/97 was not the full and complete list?

If I made the mistake of thinking it was, then at least I am in good company
because I saw one UCAS leaflet months ago which made the same assumption (ie
that the list was full and complete).

I spotted this hiccup when enrolling students at this Uni last week and
noticing that a lot of LEA fee assessment letters quoted parental etc
contributions to the #1k fee which were nothing like the figures in the ACL.
DfEE then told me that the figures in 17/97 were only  "illustrative" not
exhaustive.  There is no such animal as a full list, because the income
bands within which parental etc contributions are assessed are very narrow -
thus generating a hugely long and complex sliding scale of actual
contributions to the # 1k fee.

In the absence of electronic downloads of LEA fees assessments, are we all
reduced to awaiting the arrival of the LEA fee lists in October and then
keying-in on our computer systems each student and LEA contribution to the #
1k fee, for every single student, manually ???

Urrrrghhhh ........!

Philip

Philip Hinchliff	Assistant Registrar (Student Finance)
		Room LB159, Main Building, University of Hertfordshire, College Lane,
		Hatfield, Herts AL 10 9AB

Tel.	01 707 28 6167 (within UK)  or	+44 1707 28 6167 (outside UK)
Fax	01 707 28 4993 (within UK)  or	+44 1707 28 4993 (outside UK)

E-mail	[log in to unmask]