Call for Electronic Posters

There will be two informatics sessions at FOCUS 99.

The first Will be Chaired by John O’Connor on Wednesday 19th of May and will concentrate on the delivery of the electronic pathology report be it to GP’s or Hospital wards and clinics. Particular emp
The second session will be Chaired by Rick Jones and concentrate on the Electronic Laboratory Handbook.

We wish to invite 4 electronic poster submissions for each of the two sessions. These should take the form of a 15 minute presentation using computer + internet access if required. In addition we wis
Please note that electronic poster presenters must register as delegates for the Focus 99 meeting.

Abstracts giving a description of the electronic poster will appear on the ACB WWW site. If you would like to take part please email [log in to unmask] with an abstract in the following format

Title: Must not exceed 20 words

Authors: Give a full address of the corresponding author. The corresponding need not be the presenting author.

Presentation The abstract must not exceed 250 words and include text only.

Topic: This can be anything related to information technology supporting the laboratorian.

However, the following list may help;

Electronic lab handbooks

Electronic Data Interchange and coding issues

Use of browser technologies to deliver path results over a hospital intranet

Use of context sensitive help systems to assist in the best use of laboratory services

Experiences in the incorporation of pathology data into the electronic patient record

Protocol based pathology requesting systems

Internet based instrument troubleshooting

Intranets and near patient testing

URL Link: If you have an internet project you wish to present, please put the address here.

If we are overwhelmed with submissions and cannot fit your contribution into the two main sessions, fear not there will be the opportunity to demonstrate on the ACB Stand in the main exhibition.

There will be prize for the best poster presented in the two Informatics sessions.

Dr John O’Connor
Chair ACG Informatics group
Biochemistry Dept
Eastbourne Hospitals NHS Trust
Eastbourne
East Sussex

Dr Rick Jones
Director of Chemical Pathology and Immunology
Institute of Pathology
Tel:(44)-113-233-5677
Fax:(44)-113-233-5672
http://www.leeds.ac.uk/acb