In message <000101bda903$9d9314e0$0fe0e49d@default>, Dr D G Williams
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>We have just recieved our first request in two years for a xylose tolerance
>test from a paediatrician. While we still have the reagents(!) how many of
>you out there still perform this assay - and is there an acceptable
>alternative?
>
>Many thanks
>
>Dr. D G Williams FRCPath
>Department of Biochemistry
>Sunderland Royal Hospital

We deleted the test from our repertoire a few years back (along with
some others) when we hadn't received any for several years and couldn't
see the point of writing a protocol for CPA !  There has to be a point
where it is inappropriate to perform tests when you only get one every
few years.  I suspect our clinicians have turned to antibodies for the
diagnosis of coeliac disease and are also much slicker with the biopsy
capsule.
--
Trevor Gray
Sheffield