Dear colleagues,

We have a problem with a patient who continues to be symptomatic despite
the successful resection of an apparently non-secreting paraganglionoma.
We have been unable to determine any elevated products which might
explain the persistent of symptoms.  The patient's main complaint is
episodes of flushing.  The Professor of Endocrinology has asked if we
can arrange to measure adrenomedullin and CGRP (Calcitonin gene related
peptide) as markers of possible peptide secretion from a further tumour
she may be harbouring.

Does anyone measure these products or know of a likely assay.  Does
anyone have experience of appropriate collection conditions ?
Dr. T.A. Gray
Department of Clinical Chemistry,
Northern General Hospital,
Sheffield. S5 7AU