The message <[log in to unmask]>
  from  [log in to unmask] contains these words:

> Maybe you have never encountered the right tutors. There is an enormous amount
> that most students over 16 can and DO achieve, when being taught literacy
> skills by a competent tutor.

Of course there is.   Who on Earth says otherwise?

Unfortunately, the dyslexic condition cannot be additionally
'improved' at post 16 level - which is what I was saying.

That is not to say that dyslexia teaching will not improve literacy
skills (etc) at post 16 if help is left until post 16.

My point was that the condition is not improved, only the
accommodation strategies.   There is also no convincing evidence of a
means of teaching that is particularly effective for 'dyslexia'
unless you include obvious advantages such as one-to-one tuition -
but this seems to work becuase of the attention monitoring and
personal attention, not because of a 'technique'.

Some teachers I have come across in the last 30 years (my
involvement) are fabulous at maximising achievement.    But like IQ,
you cannot improve a person's IQ beyond it's ceiling by teaching
people how to take an IQ test.