>He did mention D to me once, and with
>wearied, contemptuous impatience

I can`t resist a Parthian shot, turning to jerk Keston`s chain, but
it seems to me this supports my fancy re: K, Lunch, Drew and nameless
others I`d bet...  If he had fixed you with a stare and said, "Under
no circumstances read the works of the charlatan Derrida, on pain of
death," you would`ve run to the nearest copy of Of Grammatology with
all due speed.  Now, you, Lunch, Drew and nameless others I`d bet ALL
mention D...with wearied, contemptuous impatience!  What would be
interesting to find out is, has he ever mentioned Adorno to you?  In
what way?  With a lascivious, lupine grin?  With a small, dark look?
With a coy giggle?  Post me the plot of tonight`s Seinfeld and YOU
ARE DEAD, Sutherland!

all best

robin