Well, yes: I do not want to swallow too much of this myself. There
is a certain lack of precision.

However, there is a certain lack of precision in the references
too. Can any one point to books or articles in which this man's
(alleged) writings can be found or are discussed? I have certainly
seen such a book, many years back, but know it not.

a.c.

>>Today, 3 November, is the feast of ...
>

>>* Malachy, Archbishop of Armagh (1148)
>>- a close friend of Bernard of Clairvaux, he died in the abbot's arms;
>>canonized by Clement III in 1190 (first canonized Irishman)
>>- supposed author of a hilariously bad set of prophecies regarding the
>>popes from his days to the end of time; according to the prophecies, there
>>are only two more popes to come
>
>The other day while shelving in the New Age section of the bookstore where I
>work, I found a book on millennial prophecies that referred to Malachy's
>prophecies on the back cover.  The author, A.T. Mann, went on to describe
>them briefly in the text, fairly objectively, but didn't comment too much on
>them.  It just goes to show that Malachy still has readers out there--perhaps
>even some that take him seriously.
>
>Steve Cartwright
>Western Michigan University

Anselm Cramer OSB