I've been politely asked about how to suspend mail by some of our valued American
list members, who are about to break for Thanksgiving. (That's the fake U.S.
version, not the authentic, early-October feast as observed in Canada. ;->)

All that's necessary is to send the message:

suspend mail medieval-religion

After you've stuffed your face with turkey, you can resume receiving mail from
the list by sending the message:

resume mail medieval-religion

As a list owner and user, I must say that I prefer the mailbase user commands to
those of listserv and other similar mailing list softward; I find the mailbase
commands more intuitive. Still, we can't all be completely intuitive, or
intuitive in the same way, so I should like to signal that a very useful overview
of basic commands can be found by visiting:

http://www.mailbase.ac.uk/docs/user.html

Sincere wishes for a peaceful and happy Thanksgiving! George

George Ferzoco                    tel ++  44  (0)116  252 2654
Director of Studies for Italian   fax ++  44  (0)116  252 3633
University of Leicester           e-mail  [log in to unmask]
School of Modern Languages
LEICESTER LE1 7RH UNITED KINGDOM