Andrew Jotischky, Department of History, Lancaster University.
My main research interest is the Latin Church in the Crusader States and
Latin/Greek Orthodox relations in the eastern Mediterranean, but more
generally I am interested in monasticism (including the mendicants) and
in medieval travel to the east. Writing about the crusader church led me
to explore the origins and early history of the Carmelite Order, and I
am currently writing a book on Carmelite views of the past. This, in
turn, has led me to a more general interest in friars. I have published
a book on monks and hermits in the crusader states and articles dealing
with aspects of Latin/Orthodox relations and with early Carmelite
history.