Dear colleagues,

The poor and unemployed among us may be interested to know that the MLA has
finally created a website where, among other things, the quarterly MLA
joblist is (or is to be?) published on-line:

   http://www.mla.org

The October joblist was due on 17 october, but since the on-line version is
password protected for subscribers only and since I did not yet receive my
password I cannot say whether the electronic version is already on-line.
Subscribed members who want to check it should make sure to use the version
"with frames", because the optional "no frames" version seems to be
outdated (it only leads to a page which announces the joblist as
forthcoming, whereas the frames version leads to the log-in screen).

Persons not yet subscribed can use a subscription form at the same website,
but it seems advisable to send an additional email to <[log in to unmask]> or to
Cymone Quarrie <[log in to unmask]> if you want to try to hurry
up things, because otherwise your password will be sent to you only by
snail-mail together with the printed publication of the job-list which may
take another couple of weeks.

Needless to express my best wishes that you will all get the beautiful
positions which you surely deserve, so that you can afford to leave at
least one of the less beautiful for my humble and desperate self!

  Otfried

Otfried Lieberknecht, Schoeneberger Str. 11, D-12163 Berlin
Tel.: ++49 30 8516675 (fax on request), E-mail: [log in to unmask]
  Homepage for Dante Studies:
http://members.aol.com/lieberk/welcome.html
  ORB Dante Alighieri - A Guide to Online Resources:
http://orb.rhodes.edu/encyclop/culture/lit/Italian/Danindex.html