On Wed, 29 Oct 1997, Weibel,Stu wrote:

> the specification is silent on the issue of element sequence.  As it
> should be.

It might be to silent IMHO, I would not mind something like this
at all.

	Sequence/Ordering

	No sematics or meaning is to be attached or conveyed by the order
	in which the elements are presented, stored or transmited. Within
	a record all elements equal and the values represent ortogonal
	pieces of information about the resource described.

 	Although specific implementation framework, syntaxes and encodings
	might be able to convey information with the element sequence and
	structure; the application SHOULD not rely on this for the Dublin
	CORE atributed set.

Just to stamp it out early; because I for one would be very tempted
to build in implicit ordering and come to expect on it easily.

Dw.