I'm currently working at the Department of National Defence in Ottawa on
the Intranet.  We are writing the procedures and policies for the processes
and web authoring.  I've reviewed a number of your lists and have not found
much mention of manuals.  There are many types of manuals within the
Department and I would like to adhere to standard terminology when using
Metatags to define the web pages especially in the area of manuals.  Are
there any standards?  Where can I find them?

As a suggestion you could use:
.manual
	.aircraft
	.ship
	.truck
	.airplane
	.procedure
	.technical
	.security
		. wing
		.engine
		.missile
		.system
			.airfoil
			.guidance

possibly use .section and/or .chapter and/or unit as a means of breaking
the manual down into components

Any suggestions on where I can find this information?

Does this fit into SGML or XML?

I can be reached at (613) 996-3053 or by e-mail: [log in to unmask]

Thanks

Mark Scherling