khsu wrote:
> This is in regard to the distinction between the Creator element and > the Contributor element, or why making the distinction at all.
>
>     Since every element is repeatable, why not just repeat the Creator
> element with appropriate qualifiers for any additional contributors
> and combine the two elements into one Creator/Contributor element?

The Arts & Humanities Data Service also encountered problems in the
distinction between 'creator' and 'contributor' during its series of
workshops earlier this year; mainly with regard to digital surrogates of
physical 'object'-like resources.

The solution adopted is simply to ignore contributors; the element is,
after all, optional, and many other groups DO find it useful.

A report detailing this -- and the rest of our findings -- will be
handed out to anyone who wants them in Helsinki. For those not attending
DC5, the report will be available for purchase from AHDS (and on the web
for free) later in October...

Paul

--

  == paul miller ================== [log in to unmask] ==
   collections manager, archaeology data service, king's manor