I think that people want to look at metadata, yes, but I do not think
that looking at it in raw tagged form is the thing we should be worried
about.   Reading HTML text in raw form is painful enough... we don't do
it (don't need to, except perhaps for editting purposes).  Same will be
true of metadata.  We'll have tools. The fact that these tools are not
now commonplace does not mean we should work at making the tags
readable, but rather we should work at providing the tools (which will
be pretty straightforward).

stu