Grahm,

the problem you cite about getting into the core at the right level is a
serious problem, and is for any listserv based activity.  As Carl said,
watch for the workshop report, and I hope that last weeks
re-organization of the homepage will repersent the begining of much
stronger user-education efforts.  I think for the first time we are on
the threshold of actually being abkle to provide coherent advice to new
implementors... almost.  One of my hopes for DC-5 is that it will lead
to a re-vitalization of a group started at DC-2 meeting and which
foundered on the shoals of too-many-open-issues.

One way we hope to capture higher-level discussions is through the
Issues Page... people are encouraged to 'own' an issue and assume
responsibility for summarizing discussion and synthesizing consensus
positions.

On Monday, September 29, 1997 9:35 PM, Carl Lagoze
[SMTP:[log in to unmask]] wrote:
> Graham,
>
> Sorry for the recent flood of information - its certainly rather
> overwhelming for those trying to track significant trends.  As you
might
> have surmised, we're all warming up for a three day meeting in
Helsinki
> next week.  Lot's of jockeying going on to get our important issues on
> the table for the meeting.
>
> Stu Weibel, who organizes these meetings, has been really great at
> getting us to put the results of these meetings into coherent written
> reports.  I'd stay tuned after next weeks meeting to see where the
> meeting reports are published.  They should be definitive
documentation