Dear All

I was trying to stay out of DATE discussion as I have had enough to say
on COVERAGE and TYPE

I don't want to get into a lpt of the date discussion, but I caution putting
some things in date that don't belong.

Most of the DC Elements refer to the resource itself.  The two that don't are
COVERAGE and SOURCE

DATE, TITLE, DESCRIPTION, etc. all describe the Resource that is sitting on the
Web.

SOURCE describes the "Work" from which the Resource was derived - thus date
of publication of the hardcopy printed book that the Electronic Resource was
based goes here as "DC.source.date"

COVERAGE covers the contents or subject which the resource is describing.

Thus if the resource is about something that has a date it goes in
"DC.coverage.t"

To me it would be just as ridiculous to describe the date of the subject under
DATE as it would be to give the lat/long of the Web server under COVERAGE.

That is not to say that I don't still see some problems with date such as
"proposed Expiry Date" etc.

Happy hunting

Arthur