Juha,

I'll start be saying that I'm a pedant and can't stop myself from making
annoying comments.  OK?

Annoying comment number 1:  In various places on the DC5 Web page and
registration form there are strange sequences of digits and punctuation
characters.  At first I thought that these may be astrological symbols whose
purpose is to bring good fortune to the Workshop.  Then I looked around this
hotel in San Jose (where I've come for the Unicode Conference), saw the SF fans
gathered here for a Science Fiction Convention and decided that these strings
of characters may be inscriptions in Klingon, possibly translations of certain
key phrases for the sake of Klingon attendees at DC5.  If I have misunderstood
and the strange character sequences are intended to convey some meaning to us
Earthlings, please could I request that you translate them into some form even
I will understand.  For example, if they are meant to represent dates, then
something like "6.-8.10.1997" could be replaced, fairly painlessly, by "6-8
October 1997" [no, I'm not suggesting you use ISO 8601!].  If this annoying
comment makes you want to bite my head off, please let me say that I have made
equally annoying comments to US Web site authors on seeing their strange
notation.

Annoying comment number 2:  It might be better if the apple core linked
directly to the main DC Web site and there was a separate link to the Nordic DC
Web site.

Annoying comment number 3:  Please fix Carl's URLs.  The script does strange
things with URLs which don't start with "http://".  I noticed this when
registering for DC4.

Thank you for reading this far,
Misha

Misha Wolf            Email: [log in to unmask]     85 Fleet Street
Standards Manager     Voice: +44 171 542 6722           London EC4P 4AJ
Reuters Limited       Fax  : +44 171 542 8314           UK
Eleventh International Unicode Conference, Sep 2-5 1997, www.unicode.org

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual  sender,
except  where  the  sender  specifically  states them to be the views of
Reuters Ltd.