Welcome Ruben! I encourage you to also look at the Beatific Vision
conflict, 1331-1334. Not because it is a hobby of mine, but because I
think it poses some interesting questions about the question what
constitutes the main component of Man, body AND soul, or soul alone?
John XXII argued in his sermons that a soul, separated from the body,
never could enjoy full beatitude, because his body was imperfect.
Subsequent discussions concentrated on the question whether the addition
of a spiritual body after the Last Judgement would cause an "intensive" or
"extensive" increase in beatitude.

Frans van Liere

On Fri, 8 Aug 1997, Colegio del Carmen wrote:

> Ruben Pereto, Facultad de Filosofia y Letras, Universidad Nacional de Cuyo,
> Argentina
>
> My research is concerned with anthropology in the Middle Ages. I focus in the
> evolution of the philosophical theories about the human body through Medieval
> thinkers; from platonic augustinism to aristotelian thomism.
>
> ---
> Colegio del Carmen
> E-mail: [log in to unmask]
> Buenos Aires - ARGENTINA

Frans van Liere

College of Charleston               0 Bee Street
Charleston SC 29424                 Charleston SC 29403
tel. (803) 953-8103                 (803) 723-4051
fax  (803) 953-6349