I hope I am not repeating previous suggestions, but the most useful
"general" text I have found is Mary Douglas's "Purity and Taboo" which
covers broad notions of prejudice and such from an anthropological
viewpoint, including anti-Semitism. Sander Gilman has also done some
interesting work on general notions of stereotypes, of race or sexuality,
in two of his books: "Difference and Pathology: Stereotypes of Sexuality,
Race and Madness" as well as "Freud, Race and Gender". They focus
(obviously) on 19th and early 20th century Europe, but he gives a careful
analysis of anti-Semitic discourse in Germanic and Slavic history. Neither
are studies of medieval phenomena, but Douglas at least has been cited by
many working in medieval fields. Regards, Terry