I need help with an anecdote from the annals of the House of Lords.  I
heard it from a linguistics professor years back but don't remember the
details.

Two members of parliament were engaged in a debate during which the first
insulted the second in a particularly vicious manner, and the second
demanded (or the first was ordered to give) an apology.  The apology went
like this:

"I called the Right Honorable Lord So-and-So a liar it is true and I am
sorry for it.  And the Right Honorable Lord So-and-So may punctuate as he
pleases."

Do any of you have any idea where I might find a record of this anecdote
and who the individuals involved were?

Since there are a lot of members of the UK on this list, I thought it
might be a good place to ask.

Thanks.

Mary Refling
Department of Italian