As the 'webspinner' for a non-commercial radio station, I've been
thinking of some resource-types that would be useful for improving
searches.

  Interview

    The transcript or text of an interview.

  Schedule

    A schedule of events (upcoming), a broadcast schedule, etc.
    (There are probably some granularities here: daily, hourly,
    weekly, a class schedule for educational institutions; a schedule
    of events for conferences, etc.)

  Contact Info

    A list of people or organizations with contact information (email,
   WWW, telephone numbers, postal addresses, etc.)

  List

    A simple list, where the items on the page do not contacin any
    information (ie, the page is the lowest level of information).  In
    the case of a radio station, playlists fit into this category (many
    searching the net for information on an artist stumple across play-
    lists, for instance).  Other types of lists would fit into this
    category (top ten lists, favorite movies/books, a list of speakers
    at a conference with no further information about them, etc.),
    linkfarms....

    Possibly some granuarity here too...  differentiate between lists
    with no information (Basic List) and lists with some (minimal)
    information (Extended List).

--Rob ([log in to unmask])

Arthur Chapman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> We are in the process of setting up Dublin Core on our site.  It has
> some 10,000 plus documents coveraing a wide range of environmental
> subjects.
>
> We have examined the "Resource Types" at
>  http://www.roads.lut.ac.uk/Metadata/DC-ObjectTypes.html
>
>  and would like to suggest a few additions:
[..]