At 10:48 AM -0500 7/18/97, Terry Kuny wrote:
>I don't think either "informal"
>or "personal" are quite right either
>as these can describe a lot of different
>categories of information.
>
>What about something like:
>
>  document.note
>      A short and/or informal text.
No, no!  This is *much* worse!  Without a question, the words "document"
and "note" make, together, the most ambiguous combination known to man!  A
lot of things are notes.  Note covers a far wider range than personal
does--after all, you can have impersonal notes.  Such things as office
memos, phone messages, shopping lists--all of these could conceivably fall
under "note".  How about these categories:
text.personal
text.opinion
text.journal
...these should pretty much cover it, doncha think?

[                    Jordan Reiter                     ]
[            mailto:[log in to unmask]               ]
[ "You can't just say, 'I don't want to get involved.' ]
[  The universe got you involved."  --Hal Lipset, P.I. ]