On Mon, 14 Jul 1997, Terry Kuny wrote:
> 7. There are some categories that I think are
>    important (just from a random survey of websites) and
>    which are missing from the list. I think they are
>    important because I see alot of webpages out there
>    that would be usefully described by the below:
> [...]
>    DOCUMENT.SCREED (Sorry Peter! I still think it is a useful
>    catch-all for lots of the "personal" webpage contents).
>    An informal piece of writing; fragment or other
>    type of personal discourse.
> [...]
> 10. Webpage: everything is a webpage. I think
>     homepage is the better and common description of a
>     top-level page to some organization or person's website.
>     In any event, it needs a note to qualify the scope of the
>     resource-type.
>
>     webpage.organization = document.homepage.organization
>     webpage.personal = document.homepage.personal

Why do we need DOCUMENT.SCREED if we've got webpage.personal?  And
wouldn't it be easier (ie more understandable) to have just
DOCUMENT.INFORMAL?  After all a webpage is just a particular _format_, not
a _type_.  And until this thread got going I'd never heard of "screed" and
I don't think I'm alone.  If it does go in, it might end up being
effectively "document.misc" as people may just assume its a catch all
field for things that don't fit elsewhere.

Tatty bye,

Jim'll

Jon "Jim'll" Knight, Researcher, Sysop and General Dogsbody, Dept. Computer
Studies, Loughborough University of Technology, Leics., ENGLAND.  LE11 3TU.
* I've found I now dream in Perl.  More worryingly, I enjoy those dreams. *