At 5:44 PM -0500 7/15/97, Andrew Daviel wrote:
>On Tue, 15 Jul 1997, Jordan Reiter wrote:
>> I'm pretty sure that in metadata, resource-type refers to what you call
>> "TYPE", while in fact the term "MEDIA" refers to what you call "format".
>> In web implementation, for example, it might look like:
>> <META NAME="DC.Resource-Type" CONTENT="document.essay" MEDIA="audio/aiff">
>

>That looks awfully like HTML to me ... and in the 4.0 draft, we have:
>(http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-html40/struct/global.html#h-7.1.3.2)
>
>ELEMENT META
>  i18n        lang, dir
>  http-equiv  NAME       #IMPLIED
>  name        NAME       #IMPLIED
>  content     CDATA      #REQUIRED
>  scheme      CDATA      #IMPLIED
>
> .. no MEDIA.
>
>In DC we currently have a TYPE element  and a FORMAT element
>("assigned from enumerated lists such as .. MIME types")
>
>(so maybe I should have put world/vrml, audio/basic etc.)
>
>.. however, in CSS we do have
>ELEMENT STYLE
>  i18n lang, dir
>  type        CDATA      #REQUIRED
>  media       CDATA      #IMPLIED
>  title       CDATA      #IMPLIED
>(http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-html40/present/styles.html)
>but that's HTML, not DC.
Ummm...I was...uh...tired.  Yeah.  Tired.  That's it.  You're absolutely
right, I was thinking, actually, of the <LINK> tag, which I think does have
a MEDIA attribute, particularly when Style sheets are involved.

[                    Jordan Reiter                     ]
[            mailto:[log in to unmask]               ]
[ "You can't just say, 'I don't want to get involved.' ]
[  The universe got you involved."  --Hal Lipset, P.I. ]