This is to update my earlier email about studentships here. We can
now confirm the availability of four postgraduate
studentships covering fees and maintenance (stlg6000 pa) for two years
with the possibility of extension for a third year in the Geography
department at Portsmouth.

Two of the bursaries are for work in the general area of geographies
of health and health care and are linked to a University strategic
initiative in this area, which will also entail the appointment of
two research fellows. The other two bursaries are for research in
 economic geography.

I should point out that the funding for these studentships is
insufficient to cover overseas student fees.

If you know of potential applicants who would be interested in these
general areas, they should contact me in the first instance on
01705-842493. We had originally specified a deadline of 18th July but
as it may not prove possible to interview between that date and the
announcement of ESRC decisions on postgraduate awards, we will be
flexible about closing dates.

Thanks

John Mohan