Dear Members,

        As "the" medieval historian in the state of Wyoming, I get all
kinds of questions from around the state.  I got one a couple of days
ago about which I possess profound ignorance.  But I also know, in good
scholarly fashion, how to find out.  Some of you no doubt have great
expertise in the area.  I'll quote her request.

"I recently learned that in 1965, the grave of a 7th century warrior was
found next to the foundation of my family ancestral home in Ossendorf,
Germany.  The grave included at least one warrior (the description is a
little unclear) buried with spear or sword, shield and medals.  There
was also a grave holding the warrior's horse or horses.  The question I
have is: Is this a significant find?  And where would be the likely
place for a find like this to be housed today?"

  Where might she find more information?  Thanks so  much in advance.

Kris Utterback