Dear Frank,

The warning in the given case may be justified, but maybe we should specify
that the virus in question, AOL4FREE.COM, seems to be neither a virus, nor
an "email" -- as the original message states --, but an executable program
which was distributed as a file **attached** to email. I strongly recommend
**never** to open or start an attached file of this kind if the filename
extension is COM or EXE or BAT and if the origin and purpose of the file is
not sure. Even if there is no bad intention behind such a program, unknown
software can cause a lot of trouble and ruin the configuration of your
system. Personally, I delete every attachement which I don't receive from a
sender personally known to me, and I am strongly against distributing
attached files on mailing lists without explicit permission of the listownmers.

  Otfried

Otfried Lieberknecht, Schoeneberger Str. 11, D-12163 Berlin
Tel.: ++49 30 8516675 (fax on request), E-mail: [log in to unmask]
  Homepage for Dante Studies:
http://members.aol.com/lieberk/welcome.html
  ORB Dante Alighieri - A Guide to Online Resources:
http://orb.rhodes.edu/encyclop/culture/lit/Italian/Danindex.html