Well, someone contacted us and said:

>The reason you have seen such a spurt on this page
>is probably due to the fact that AOL has it at the top of their list
>under their new program, Net Find...(vs. Net Search).

It seems that this program, which uses Excite, turns up the 1st 1994
issue of Internet Resources Newsletter high on the list of results
when users search under all sorts of terms.  e.g.
  address and find and directory
or
  business and financial

I believe that web page designers spend lots of time trying to force
this to happen, and we have managed it by mistake.  We dont want it
to happen, in fact, as the issue of the newsletter in question is
completely out of date!  If only we knew how we did it, we could
sell the idea and make a fortune!   :-)

BTW, Net Find is at:
http://www.aol.com/netfind/

and the up to date home-page for the newsletter which we would
LIKE people to visit is:
http://www.hw.ac.uk/libWWW/irn/irn.html

Roddy MacLeod

Roddy MacLeod                   Internet: [log in to unmask]
Senior Faculty Librarian        Phone: (0131) 451 3576
Heriot-Watt University          Fax: (0131) 451 3164
Edinburgh EH14 4AS
United Kingdom         URL: http://www.hw.ac.uk/libWWW/libram/roddy.html