Chris:

I read your message with great interest, because dissemination of
eLib project results is, as you suggest, (a) crucial, (b) difficult,
especially for 'disseminatees'.  Some projects have a high profile
already, but many (most?) are little known or invisible to the rank
& file.

It might be instructive to look at the question from the other side
of the equation, from the point of view of the 'disseminatee'.  We in
Swansea have given some thought very recently to the best way of
informing ourselves about eLib in a more systematic way than up
to now.  Our approach will be to assign the different programme areas
to specific (relevant) staff (more than one in some cases), whose job
will be to monitor developments in the appropriate projects, keep up
to date, inform Library staff of relevant info (informally and via
formal staff training & development sessions), and recommend action.

Perhaps eLib should be considering this and other possible
approaches?

(The problem isn't confined to eLib, of course, but extends to any
large-scale national initiative, eg TLTP.)

Andrew.

Andrew M.W. Green

Director of Library & Information Services /
Cyfarwyddwr Gwasanaethau Llyfrgell a Gwybodaeth

University of Wales Swansea / Prifysgol Cymru Abertawe
Singleton Park / Parc Singleton
Swansea / Abertawe      SA2 8PP

Tel/Ffon     01792  295174
Fax/Ffacs   01792  295851