Greetings!

And many apologies for introducing myself belatedly: I subscribed a few
weeks ago, and it has been wonderful to be able to feel in the company of
like-minded folks every time I log in!

I am an assistant professor in the music department of Princeton
University, working on liturgical polyphony in the late fifteenth century,
especially north-west Europe.  In the past I have focused chiefly on the
history of the cyclic mass ordinary (PhD at University of Amsterdam in
1993 on the masses of Jacob Obrecht), but recently my interest has turned
more towards musical aesthetics and sociology.  My most recent article is
a study of perceptions of musical authorship in the late fifteenth
century, the emergence of the concept of "the composer", and of the values
with which that concept became invested around 1500.