As one of the tasks in the "Nordic Metadata Project" (http://linnea.helsinki.fi/meta/)
we are developing a DC metadata creator template for librarians and general
users in the Nordic countries.

Help and support information, choices and preferences, subject schemes and
other elements of it should be adapted to Nordic systems and users.
The harvesting robot of our "Nordic Web Index" indexes all published DC
metadata, especially when our template is used, correctly preserving all DC
fields and will soon offer facilities for precise searching, fully exploiting the
metadata provided.

Before we add the "final" features and help texts and release and officially publish
the service, we would like to receive comments, criticisms, hints etc. from the DC community in meta2. We are
especially interested to learn about templates
developed by others and features including advanced automatic metadata
production/extraction routines. The provision of thesauri, term lists and
classification systems in hypertext format  (cf the help page for the subject field)
via cgi scripts or Java as support for metadata creation and searching is one of our
main goals for further developments.

In addition, we would like Jon K. and Martin H. to add the Nordic subject schemes
to the qualifier list.

The pre-publishing address of the template is:
 http://www.ub2.lu.se/~traugott/DC_creator.html

Best regards,
Traugott Koch
| TRAUGOTT KOCH,    Electronic information services librarian |
|  LUND UNIVERSITY LIBRARY, Development Department NetLab,    |
|  P.O. Box 3.  S-221 00  Lund, Sweden                        |
| Tel: int+46 46 2229233    Fax: int+46 46 2223682 or 2224422 |
| E-mail: [log in to unmask]                             |
| Personal homepage: http://www.ub2.lu.se/koch.html           |
| "Lund University Electronic Library": http://www.ub2.lu.se/ |