        Your friend might try the Oasis site:  http://www.execpc.com/~oasis.
I've peeked at it only briefly, but I recall that it had some sort of recent
publications link.  The site had a distinctly missionary/apologetic aura;
I'm not sure it's creators are much concerned with disinterested
scholarship, but perhaps I'm inclined to be hypercritical when dealing with
religious apologists of any persuasion.

                                JAB

At 09:14 PM 1/11/97 -0500, Alison A. Anderson wrote:
>A friend with only limited internet access has asked me to ask whether
>any of you know of good websites or lists doing reviews in Islamic
>studies. (Something like BMMR???) Her own interests are perhaps more
>philosophy than religion, but obviously they're not limited by that.
>
>Because of her access limitations she is more interested in reviews than
>in ongoing discussion, but that could change.
>
>thanks,
>
>Alison Anderson

James A. Brundage
History & Law