Dear Martin,

I was not certain about the details of your message. The walkway that has
been withdrawn is a proposal to join the new building to the old? - do you
have any details why it has been withdrawn - ie is it an aesthetic
consideration to do with the historic nature of the building? If it is,
then there are two routes of recourse;

1 The local authority will have a ppg - planning giuidelines, that should
set out its stall on access requirements, and you can beat them over the
head with this. Talk to your local access officer.

2 It may be a design issue that the architects have to solve - perhaps by
looking at alternatives, or transferring the cost of the walkway to an
internal alteration of the 'old' building by inserting a lift.

Do provide more detail and we can discuss the options further.

James Holmes-Siedle, Director
All Clear Designs Limited
3rd Floor, Cooper House
2 Michael Road