Dear Leila
I regret to say I find the technical issues very relevant to my job so I am
grateful for all the comments over the last few weeks as they help me make
decisions about the requests I receive from students and keep me up to
date.  The shorthand can be horribly baffling and I wish there was a method
of using plain English for computer jargon!  It is worse than medical
jargon!!!

However. please may I add another concern pertinent to this list....I feel
'Support for a Central Clearing House for IT for Accessibility in HE', as
mentioned in the JISC bid posted by Tom Vincent is not necessarily going to
be linked to the issues we all learn from dis-forum and other
organisations. Personally I think 'centralised' information may NOT be the
correct solution as there is obviously so much expertise around the
country.  Could this be an ideal chance for a collaborative effort?

Apologies if I am putting my foot (or should I say my mouth) in it!  I am
aware there may be some organisations who would like to bid for this money
as individual institutes.

Best Wishes
E.A.

Mrs E.A. Draffan,