Dear all,

Within Sheffield University the registration dept are going to ask students
prior to registration to complete an anonymous and brief equal
opportunities questionnaire re ethnic origin and disability. This
questionnaire will then be brought to registration, the information
entered on screen and the questionnaire destroyed in front of the student.
We require the figures for HESA, but also for our own monitoring
and service provision purposes.

The HESA compulsory data collection details state that we should
record the type of disability, but also HESA require us to provide
data collection with regard to
1. The student has a disability which is registered
2. The student has a disability which is not registered

I thought that there was no registration as disabled
any more. Skill tell me that the DDA did away with registration,
but that for access to Social Services provision registration with
Social Services may be required. If this is the case then registration is
irrelevant to HESA isn't it - because access to Social Services
is not what HESA want to know is it?

Please let me know if you record whether  students are
registered disabled?
Many thanks, Marie