Thanks to all of you for the replies on this subject.

>It may well be the case that "unlearning" is very difficult for pupils with
>dyslexia and that therefore this offers a good case for sticking with an
>industry standard but - was there a clear indication that this query was
>posted with a pupil with dyslexia in mind?

The query was actually concerning a keyboard for my son who's four years old
and has moderate CP (though with relatively little upper limb involvement).
He's just at the stage of starting to learn some letters and spell a few
names. He can use a standard PC keyboard but the upper case legend and mass
of inappropriate keys are a distraction - hence the original question. As to
whether he's dyslexic, only time will tell but he appears to have some
spatial difficulties which is another reason for keeping things visually
simple.

Thanks again.

Phil

Phil Satchell
Technical Project Officer, Office for Students with Disabilities, Open
University.