-- [ From: Jo * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

Leila,

The report of the National Working Party on Dyslexia in Higher Education is
now scheduled to be published in April at the time of the BDA Conference in
York.  Apologies for the delay in publication - this was unavoidable.

Jo Horne
Research Assistant
National Working Party on Dyslexia in Higher Education
Department of Psychology
University of Hull
Hull
HU6 7RX
01482 466157
01482 465599 fax

> Date: Thursday, 06-Feb-97 06:40 PM
>
> From: L Edwards                \ Internet:    ([log in to unmask])
> To:   [log in to unmask] \ Internet:    ([log in to unmask])
>
> Subject: Re: Examination Arrangements
>
> Gail,
>
> We have the usual regulations which in our case state that normally 10
mins.
> per hour will be given for e.g. dyslexia, however, we are moving more to a
> model of accepting that this is only a general norm and that each case
must be
> taken on its merits, as far as possible based on expert assessment, e.g.
from
> the report done for the DSA and expert recommendations. Last week we
agreed for
> a dyslexic student to have 25% more time, i.e. 15 mins per hour, as this
was
> recommended by his ed.psych. and Dyslexia Institute assessment.
>
> We are also awaiting the report from the National Working Party on
Dyslexia