As I stated a couple of weeks ago, you will need to have the
students in question contact their respective LEAs with a specific
claim to have the DSAs pay for special services, as each claim must
be judged on its own merits.

Cheers, Steve.

> Does anyone know if any LEAs have agreed to fund extra costs at
> examinations, e.g. Braille paper, or numerical question papers being
> Brailled, or scribe costs.
>
> I'm sure most respond by saying it is the indivdual institutions
> responsibility, but if anyone has managed to get these sorts of costs
> funded out of DSA I'd be intrested to know.
>
> Many thanks and Happy Christmas !
>
> Rebecca LOngley
> Disability Co-ordinator
> Soton Institute

Steve Metcalfe
Division of Assistive Resources and Technology
University of Lincolnshire & Humberside, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1482 440550 ext. 4029
Fax: +44 (0)1482 441411
EMail [log in to unmask]