Rob

I don't know if you have an answer to this by now, but I have
a friend who transports his wheelchair in a box attached to
the roof of his car, which he operates electrically from
inside the car. When operated (I don't know if it is a one
switch operation or more complicated) the box tilts, and the
wheelchair which is attached to a hoist descends to the
ground. He unhooks the wheelchair, sends the hoist back into
the box, and the box returns to the level.  Repeat in reverse
to replace the chair in the box.

If you want more info on this, let mw know and I'll get in
touch with him.

Mary Steiner

On Mon, 24 Nov 1997 09:32:41 -0800 Dr Rob Williams <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Hi All
>
> A friend of mine who is a wheelchair user needs to be able to fasten her
> wheelchair to the back of a car - in a similar way to how bicycles are
> attached. There would need to some sort of mechanism to lift the
> wheelchair into position.
> Does anyone know if such a device is available?
>
> Regards
> Rob Williams

Mary Steiner