I'm guessing here, but it seems like it could be an
expensive alternative to what is traditionally a cheap and
cheerful solution to a problem, i.e a portable tape
recorder. It could be handy for a blind student, but then
it would be yet another costly item to add to their already
over burdened equipment needs.

Bryan Jones.
London Guildhall University.

On Tue, 25 Nov 1997 09:40:01 +0000 Paul Dilley
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Has anybody considered the recordable minidisc for use as a recorder
> in lectures?
>
> I have not seen any specs but would assume they would offer very
> quick access to parts of a recording. Also, as they are digital, they
> may be suitable for dictation for later transcription by a voice
> input system.
>
> I'd appreciate comments.
>
> Regards
> Paul Dilley, Technical Manager & dis-forum list owner
> Computer Centre for People with Disabilities, University of Westminster
> ** The Central London Access Centre ** NFAC **
>
> Tel: +44 171 911 5000 Fax: +44 171 911 5162 http://www.wmin.ac.uk/ccpd/

Bryan Jones