From:          Mary Norowzian <[log in to unmask]>
To:            [log in to unmask]
Date:          Mon, 27 Oct 1997 11:14:20 +0100
Subject:       exams

 I was interested to read a copy of a DSA assessment of need  report
for an LEA re one of our students at Kingston..

It  recommended  " reasonable additional costs incurred for special
examination arrangements m ay be funded through the DSA"
 The student concerned requires an accessible venue, extra time to allow for a
 need to move about etc

As the numbers of students requiring special examination arrangements
increases, so does the pressure on our Examinations Service to
provide appropriate facilities etc. This includes separate rooming,
extra invigilation costs, amanuesis, setting up word processors etc etc.

I would be very interested to hear what costs other Universities
pass on to students to claim from the LEA and whether LEA's are
willing to fund what they may see as a University responsibility to
provide.

Thanks in advance

Mary Norowzian
special needs coordinator