Norway is not in the European Community, therefore this
student should be designated as being an International
Student.  As such she will have to be completely self
sufficient and also pay the full rate for the course (5k
-6k depending on the course).  Even an EC student would not
get DSA as they are not entitled to a maintenance award,
only fees. The LEA is right.

On Mon, 20 Oct 97 12:22:00 BST Suzie Griffiths
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> We have a disabled student studying at UCE from Norway. She needs funds for
> equipment and support, however the Norwegian authorities are saying she
> should be funded by our DSA, and the LEAs here are saying she should be
> funded by the Norwegian authorities. Does anyone know what she would really
> be eligible for please ???
>
> Susie Griffiths,
> Disability Services,
> University of Central England.