Hi Denise,

I've seen a product much like this and it seemed on the surface an ideal
(and cheap) way of enlarging screens.  At the time I was particulary
interested in using such a lens with library VDU terminals.  However, I was
rather sceptical as some years ago I'm sure I saw something on this very
subject and there were problems.  My immediate solution was to contact the
RNIB in London.  They seemed to think that while such technology did enlarge
they had reservations.  I haven't seen the screens yet but I understand that
like any lens they change the focal length and can create a confusing effect
for people with partial sight.  My advice from the RNIB was that the best
bet would still be to buy a bigger monitor for the computer system.
However, my enquiry was purely in regard to VDU screens, not TV screens,
moreover this screen may be completely different.  For the best opinion I
suggest that you contact the RNIB in London.

Stuart Walker
University of Bradford
Tel: 01274 386007